Backbends are invigorating and strengthening. They stretch the hip flexors and help open up the shoulders and chest, an area where lots of us hold tension By increasing mobility and awareness of the spine backbends improve posture and can help to alleviate some kinds of back and neck pain.
1) warming up for backward bending asanas
2) easing into backbends using porps
3) simple but effective asanas for everyday practice
4) a number of basic and intermediate backbend postures
5) philosophy of backward bending asanas.