BioMechanics in Yoga -The Spine WIth Ranga
50 Hours Master Class
This long series of sessions are aimed at giving an insight to how the spine moves and its role in yoga. Since long time Yogis have known the importance of spine, as you can see the amount of breathing techniques and postures targeted at the spine.
Iyengar Yoga specifically focuses on alignment, as Guruji B.K.S Iyengar himself worked on his injuries after his accident. It served as a motivation to use his surroundings to bring about the use of props. The most important prop is the Human Body.
● Fundamental Yoga poses to build a strong foundation
● Re-learn and add on to your existing knowledge of Yoga through BIo-Mechanics
● Yoga anatomy and physiology, relevant to yoga movements
● This is suitable for both teachers and students alike as the learning is the same
● Why is the human spine designed this way
● How did the movement shape human beings
● How did Yoga integrate into the natural aspects of the human evolution
● Role of Inversion
● Safe Usage of the shoulder girdle and the Great Hip Complex
● Fundamental movements of Flexion, Extension, Abduction, Adduction
● How to balance between strength and flexibility
● Difference between exercise and Yoga
● Working with chronic BAD POSTURE
Yoga is currently being taught more mechanically than organically, we will look into how we can make it more experiential than just instructional. This is where we explore common mistakes in instructions and explore different approaches to suit the students.
Date: 17th April 2020 – 22nd May 2020
Timing: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm